WYLYE AND TILL VALLEY BENEFICE FEBRUARY PRAYERS 2020
Link to download: WTV Benefice Prayers February 2020
Prayer for the month
God, help our church body to walk in a manner worthy of the calling You have given us. Help us in all our interactions with one another to have humble and gentle hearts.
Grant us patience for one another, bearing with one another in love.
Grant the Body of Christ unity.
May we walk humbly with You, God, allowing You to show us our wrongs. Amen
- In these uncertain times in our nation, we ask you, Lord, to dwell among us. We are comforted by the knowledge that You alone are our Saviour and Lord. We trust our nation to Your loving care and send Your Spirit to touch the hearts of our nation’s leaders. Give them the wisdom to know what is right, and the courage to do it. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.
- Presentation of Christ (Candlemas)
Almighty and ever-living God, clothed in majesty, whose beloved Son was this day presented in the Temple, in substance of our flesh: grant that we may be presented to you with pure and clean hearts, by your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen
- We pray for the children, teachers, staff, parents and governors of Great Wishford, Wylye Valley School and Farley Schools. We pray for the Open the Book Team who share the Word of God within our school communities on a regular basis.
- We pray for the church and village community of Wylye. We pray for the church and village community of Wylye and Fisherton Delamere and their Churchwarden Ann Havilland and Roger Liddiard
- We pray for all who work and receive very little pay in return, who struggle to put food on the table and to clothe their family. God give them the courage to face each new day with hope and strength to carry on. Thank you for all the organisations that help to relieve the burden of poverty in our communities – the Trussell Trust and Alabaré. Amen
- We pray for all who work in their own homes, housewives and husbands, parents, children, single people, bent over the washing up, heaving the laundry, cleaning and cooking. Let no one take such vital work for granted, for there is a time to be Martha. Amen
- We pray for the church and village community of South Newton and their Churchwardens Mark Pountain and Mary Dicker
- We pray for those who work in the emergency services and for those who provide recovery services whenever we need help or raise the alarm. God give them the courage to face the dangers in the work they do. Watch over them whilst they work and keep them safe from harm Amen
We pray for all who are in distress of any kind within in our community; may your loving and healing hand be upon them O Lord. We pray for those who have recently died, for those who grieve. Grant to them a share of your peace. Amen.
- We pray for the church and village community of Winterbourne Stoke and their Churchwardens Olivia Dutton and Dee Montagu-Pollock.
- We pray for all who live alone in our community. May they feel known, connected to the life of their village and the beneficiaries of good neighbourliness and hospitality.
- We pray for the Wednesday Club in Steeple Langford; for those who attend, and for the leaders and volunteers who ensure the good running of this community activity.
- We pray for the church and village community of Little Langford and their Churchwarden Andrew Lunt and Beth Andrews
- God of love, we pray that you bring peace to those feeling stress who are working long hours and have little time to rest God we ask that you help to ease the load of the work that they do and give them inner peace to find time to share with you Amen
- We prayer for our PCC Vice Chairmen Stephen Bush Berwick St James, Mark Pountain Lower Wylye & Till Valley Roger Liddiard Middle Wylye Valley
- Sexagesima: We pray for all who maintain our village halls and community spaces across the Benefice.
- Lord God, we thank you for all who have chosen to serve our country and community by working for local councils; we pray for our MP. May they, like King Solomon, be filled with your wisdom and guided to act with compassion, understanding and honesty. Amen
- We pray for the church & village community of Steeple Langford & their Churchwardens Neil & Fiona Foxe
- We pray for the Ministry and work of our Licensed Lay Minister Yvonne Allen and our Lay Worship Leaders Beth Andrews and Tim Purchase and for all our Lay Pastoral Assistants across the Benefice.
- We pray for the church and village community of Berwick St James. We pray for Stephen Bush and Bill Hiscocks Churchwardens of Berwick St James.
- We pray for the children of our community that would always know they are very much loved. We pray that God would make them aware that He is loving and kind, that He would fill them with faith to believe His words are true. Pray that they would find their great confidence in the security of His love for them. John 15:13; 1 John 3:1; Jer 31:3 Amen.
- We pray for all local Churches: for our brothers and sisters across the Deanery and in the the Baptist, Methodist, URC, Catholic and Free Churches.
- Quinquagesima: We pray for the church and village community of Stockton and their Churchwarden Richard Hewitt
- We pray for our brothers and sisters of the Persecuted Church across the globe and especially for the Church in the Holy Land.
- St Matthias, the Apostle: O Almighty God, who into the place of Judas didst choose thy faithful servant Matthias to be of the number of the Twelve: Grant that thy Church, being delivered from false apostles, may always be ordered and guided by faithful and true pastors; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever, Amen
- Ash Wednesday: ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who hatest nothing that thou hast made, and dost forgive the sins of all them that are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we worthily lamenting our sins, and acknowledging our wretchedness, may obtain of thee, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- George Herbert, Priest, Poet: We pray for the church and village community of Stapleford and their Churchwardens and Colin Carnegy
- God of all time and ages, we pray for people who are retired within our villages and give thanks for all that they do for their families, for their church and for their communities. When they feel lonely or unwanted, help us to bring them the light of your love. Amen
- May Your Spirit lead us on the journey of blessings shared with all on the journey of educational opportunity for all our children, on the adventure of research and study that helps all men and women on the road to meaningful work, for all people on the path of solidarity and love between all our brothers and sisters. Amen.
Heavenly Father, guard and grow this Benefice as we serve you together.
Lord Jesus, we know that you have plans for us
and that these plans are good.
We ask now that you will help us to share responsibility,
grow in faith, love one another, care for those in need,
reach out to others, and welcome newcomers. Amen.